Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Week 4: Whew.

Week 4 consisted of a 2.5-mile run, a 5-mile tempo run, and a 7-mile run. Week 4 was also the week that I moved my law practice out of an off-site office and into my home. I bought and put together (mostly on my own) a desk, hutch and chair in the loft space that I had cleaned out and painted the week before. I packed 8-10 boxes of files and office supplies, loaded them into my car, and carried them upstairs to my home office. Things are mostly in place now, but I am still catching up on sleep. On a fun note, we had family in town during week 4 and we were able to spend some quality time with them. And the week ended with the 4th of July, always a big week at the beach, although not as busy this year thanks to BP's blunder in the Gulf.

Due to all the extra stuff going on my life last week plus a ton of rain, I went three days in a row with no running and I could really feel a difference in my level of tolerance. I was one cranky mama. I ran Thursday, Friday and Sunday. I was starting to worry that I was going to have to skip a workout, and that was a precedent I didn't want to set.

Waking up early and going for a long run on July 4th was a great way to start the day! I picked up my neighbor at 6 a.m. and we ran 7 scenic miles together. We were amazed at how cool it felt that morning....at 79 degrees, it was the mildest weather we've had in a long time. We got home just in time to wipe off the sweat with some baby wipes, load up the kids, and go to a community parade. We followed that with a HUGE breakfast out. If I just burned 700 calories, I am more than entitled to eat an entire western omelette!

Week 5 will be a recovery week on my training schedule (i.e., all easy short runs). I feel like I'll be recovering from more than the running.

No comments:

Post a Comment