Friday, July 16, 2010

Week 6: Getting back in the grind & loving it

I just finished my 2nd run of week #6. After 3 short runs during my recovery week last week, I am back to my usual schedule of short/medium/long. I had a nice 2-mile run on Wednesday, nice but nothing noteworthy. Today was a 6-mile run. FINALLY! I haven't run more than 4 miles in one go since the 4th of July! Recovery week was nice, but I missed my longer routes.
It was fun to plan this one out, while still maintaining a little flexibility. This run was long enough that I had to eat a little breakfast first (a bagel with cashew butter), bring hydration, and think about my route. I parked my car at 6:00 and headed west, running a 2.5 mile loop which brought me back to my car where a cold water bottle was waiting for me. I carried the water bottle for the rest of my run, heading east and detouring through some nice, hilly neighborhoods. Around mile 5, I stopped at a beach access to refill my water bottle. I got home and actually had time to stretch out and log my run before anyone else woke up. Heaven! You mothers know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment