Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 1: I Fought the Snooze Button, and the Snooze Button Won

My weekly training schedule roughly follows this format:

1. A short "easy" run on Monday or Tuesday
2. A medium-length run on Wednesday or Thursday where I try some hills or push my speed
3. A long run on Saturday or Sunday, in which I gradually increase my distance

I had planned on starting Monday, but after three days in a row at the beach, the snooze button easily won out at 5:30 on Monday morning. After attending a parade Monday night, the snooze button beat me again on Tuesday. So last night, I wore my running clothes to bed & left my shoes & socks sitting by the front door. I rolled out of bed around 5:30 and felt inspired. One small victory.

I was supposed to run 3 miles today, but I didn't plan out my route ahead of time and ended up running 4.4 miles. I knew I was going further than 3 miles, but after getting a late start this week, I suppose I was trying to compensate.

It was a good run: comfortable pace, not too hot out, and some lovely views of the beach and coastal dune lakes. Run #2 will be on Friday. If the snooze button doesn't stage a comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment