Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Not a happy camper

My race is this coming Saturday night. I had been looking forward to a rather busy week getting ready for the trip, celebrating my 10-year anniversary, getting in some QT with the kidlets, and working. Lo and behold, I woke up yesterday morning (Tuesday) with a slightly sore throat. It wasn't that bad. I took my daughter to school and decided to put off my 5-mile run until the evening. By the time I picked my daughter up from school in the afternoon, I was running a fever and my throat was really hurting. We drove straight to a walk-in clinic where I was diagnosed with strep throat. WHAT?????? This can't be happening.

My doctor sympathized with me. She said that plenty of fluids, rest and antibiotics should have me race-ready by Saturday. I certainly hope so. Today hasn't been a good day, but hopefully the meds will kick in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment